I've been tagged by my step-sister, Charis, to share seven random things about myself. Hmm... This will be a toughie for me. I started to attempt the 100 random things post a few weeks ago when my friend Brooke did it, but gave up because I had a hard time thinking of even one thing to share! But, here goes...
1) When I was in the 4th grade, I got my hair cut really short and everybody thought I looked like a boy. I was made fun of endlessly at school (mostly by my friend Greta's husband, Bob :)) and am still traumatized by the experience to this day. This is why you'll probably never, ever see me with hair above my shoulders again.
2) When I'm holding J.C.'s hand, I have an obsession with touching the deepest part of the crevices between his fingers (weird, I know). He finds it hilarious to close his fingers so that I can't reach them. It's not.
3) Before we had Eli, J.C. and I actually tossed around the idea of not having children (or waiting a long time before having them). Then, SURPRISE, we found out we were pregnant. I'm glad God had different ideas than we had, although we do wish we could have Eli and my paycheck (with me still being able to stay at home). Oh well...
4) Now, we're already thinking about planning for a second child in the near'ish future. Giddy-up!
5) I grew up an Auburn fan and actually went to Auburn my freshman year of college before transferring to Alabama (and of course changed my allegiance). Roll Tide! (Sorry Dad...)
6) I hesitate to post this on such a public forum, but I'm hurting for material so here goes... I'm not voting in the upcoming election. I have my reasons and I've heard your quite passionate reasons for why this makes me a horrible American/parent/Christian, etc. Please spare me. I shall one day return to the land of voters, but not this time around. I feel very fortunate to have the right to vote and the right to not exercise the privilege. That's all I wish to say on this topic.
7) I can't think of anything else!
In lieu of tagging seven other people to post this (most of my blogger friends have already posted things like this fairly recently), I invite anyone who wishes to share random facts about themselves in my comments!