Saturday, August 23, 2008

Life comes at you fast...

and no... This isn't a Nationwide Insurance commercial :). Just over a year ago my life was very different than it is today. J.C. and I were living in Florida where he was in grad school and I was working. We had a very fun and laid-back life where taking care of our dog was the most responsibility we could muster. We had great friends, we took long motorcycle rides on the weekends, ate out when we felt like it, and J.C. got to play a lot of golf (man, we miss those student golf rates...). Life was good. After being in Gainesville for four years, though, we did miss our family quite a bit and decided to move home to Birmingham last August when he immediately started his "real" job, I began my job search, and we started our house hunt. That's a lot of change, right? One would even venture to say that it's enough change for one year. No more! Please! Having children was still a very distant, crazy-sounding idea to us. Only grown-ups can have kids, right? And that's definitely not us! But here we are, one year later, parents of an adorable, absolutely perfect 3-month old baby boy. Life definitely came at us pretty fast.


So.... Welcome to my blog. The title "Growing Up and Raising Up" was inspired by the fact that I still don't feel like a real "grown up", and yet I've been entrusted with the awesome responsibility of raising a little one. It's pretty overwhelming when I think about it. As parents, J.C. and I are completely responsible for our son's spiritual, emotional, and intellectual development. I feel so unprepared. So ill-equipped. But I know that God will give me what I need to raise him if I rely on Him to do so. He will continue to raise me as I raise our son. It will definitely be a journey and I welcome you to come along. I can't promise that I will post very often or that it will be all that interesting, but here goes!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! Welcome!! Glad you could join the bloggy community! You're gonna love it!

Leanna Tennille McClellan said...

Wow! I can't wait to read your blog as well as Rachel's. Now I might have to start one on life as a first time aunt. Not as exciting or life changing as a mother but I am pretty amazed by the fact that soon my sister will have a baby.

Jennifer said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Lindsay! And I totally know what you mean about not feeling grown up yet. I'm about to be 31, and I still don't feel like a grown-up. There seems to be a communication gap between my mind and my body. I keep thinking one day I'll wake up and realize I am, indeed, a grown-up. But, if turning 30 last year and having my third child hasn't made it click yet, I'm beginning to think nothing will. I'll just go through life thinking of myself as a kid. There are worse things....

Reese said...

Your words were so right on. I am so glad that you have joined the blogging community and I look forward to reading what you do post. I will put a link from my blog to yours if that's alright.

Gina said...

Yay. You got a blog. :) :) Be sure and post pictures. :) haha. I hope you are having a great day. :)

Greta said...

I'm glad you finally succumbed ;).

Deidre said...

Welcome to blog world! So glad that you are here!!

Lindsay said...

Thanks everyone! I'm excited about getting started. (Charis - it's fine if you want to post a link on your blog - Thanks!)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I think you were more grown up as a teenager than a lot of us adults are. Most of us my age are at the point now that we don't want to be grown up, although there are some who would say that I never did.

Anyway I am sad that I am missing your days as a mom!

John