My Sweet Tessa,
I can’t believe you are one year old today! This year has truly flown by and I’m so sad that your “babyhood” is over. Really, you were never interested in being a baby anyway. You have done your best to keep up with your big brother since the day you were born. You crawled at 6 months, walked at 9 1/2 months and now you’re chasing after him all day long. You have been such a blessing in our lives. As they say, little girls are sugar and spice and everything nice, and this is certainly true of you. Here are some things about you right now that I want to always remember:
- Your sweet smile lights up a room. I could look at it all day long. People always say that you smile with your eyes. It’s a good thing since you have that paci stuck in your mouth most of the time.
- You have become a lot more communicative lately. You aren’t saying many words yet (some, but not many), but you definitely have a way of letting us know what you do and don’t want. I have a feeling you’ll be my little chatter box very soon.
- You have been a complete mommy’s girl most of your life (I haven’t minded that one bit!), but lately you’ve gotten pretty attached to your daddy. You get so excited when he gets home from work every day. This melts me. As much as I love to be loved, I hope you turn into a daddy’s girl. There’s nothing sweeter than that.
- I have loved watching the relationship grow between you and Eli. Even though you bug each other much of the day, y’all love each other so much. When he is sent to time out for being ugly to you, you always walk over and sit there with him, usually trying to sneak him a toy or his sippy cup to console him (a time out no-no). I love how you don’t like to be separated from him.
- You LOVE to eat! We have no problems getting you to clean your plate. You are definitely your mother’s daughter in this area :).
We love you so much and can’t wait to see how you grow and develop over the next year. Happy Birthday sweet girl. We are so blessed to have you in our family.Love,